Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

[SystemVerilog] Are there predefined AXI interfaces

Jump to solution

I've implemented an AXI IP but to avoid problems with repetition I defined AXI interface. However if I try to use it in IP Package it chockes claiming it is already in interface. Is there a way I can reuse predefined interfaces in SV?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: [SystemVerilog] Are there predefined AXI interfaces

Jump to solution
@muzaffer Thanks. I can no longer repro the issue in 2017 version. I think it was a missing feature from 2016 which I used due to my misunderstending of licensing.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Jump to solution

@mpiechotka if the interfaces you want are implemented in a package you can just import it. 

Also  before doing anymore work on writing your own axi interfaces, check out the new xilinx axi verification ip. They might include synthesizable interfaces too (this is something I have yet to do I am afraid).

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
@muzaffer I see that they are in the 'Package IP' interface but I cannot find a package name?

Re verification ip: I assumed this is for testing the design, not use in components.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
As a clarification - by interface I meant a SystemVerilog concept, not IP Packager interface or IP core.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Jump to solution

@mpiechotka I understand that you want a SV interface which implements an AXI bundle. This is quite commonly done. 

Can you show the error you are receiving when you try to use your code? This might point to the package which you can use.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
@muzaffer Thanks. I can no longer repro the issue in 2017 version. I think it was a missing feature from 2016 which I used due to my misunderstending of licensing.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos