UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor evgenis1
Advisor

SystemVerilog support by XST

Does anybody know when Xilinx is planning to add SystemVerilog support to XST. 

At this point pretty much all 3-rd party IP cores I encounter with are using SystemVerilog. It's counterproductive for me (and perhaps other customers) to port all the nice SystemVerilog language structures back to Verilog to be able to prototype on FPGA.

As far as I know, there is no fundamental limitation. Synopsys DC-FPGA did support that. So does the largest Xilinx competitor.

Thanks 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Historian
Historian

Re: SystemVerilog support by XST

evgenis1 wrote:

Does anybody know when Xilinx is planning to add SystemVerilog support to XST. 

At this point pretty much all 3-rd party IP cores I encounter with are using SystemVerilog. It's counterproductive for me (and perhaps other customers) to port all the nice SystemVerilog language structures back to Verilog to be able to prototype on FPGA.

As far as I know, there is no fundamental limitation. Synopsys DC-FPGA did support that. So does the largest Xilinx competitor.

Thanks 

You'll probably have to spring the $$ for a third-party synthesis tool like Precision or Synplify.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SystemVerilog support by XST

evgenis1,

As you've noted, XST and ISIM currently don't support SystemVerilog.  We're investigating this for support in a future release but I've not heard of anything concrete as of yet.

-Tony

-------------------------------------------
this space intentionally left blank
0 Kudos