cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

TCL add or import a file with relative location

I'm using a tcl script to create an ip package. I use either 'add_files' or 'update_files' to add files from my version-controlled directory.  Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to make the file in the "Package IP" tab "File Groups" to be relative instead of absolute. I even see a warning in the "File Groups" top such as:

[IP_Flow 19-731] File Group 'xilinx_verilogsynthesis (Verilog Synthesis)': "/home/kpeters/grizzly_hdl/siggen_jesd_axi_v1_0_S00_AXI.v" file path is not relative to the IP root directory.

How would I import or 'add' or 'update' a file such that it would be relative instead of absolute? That is how would I have the tool automatically replace the /home/kpeters/ with ../../, as an example? I've tried adding the file with something similar to:

add_files -norecurse {./grizzly_hdl/lfsr_seq.v ./grizzly_hdl/dds_csm2.v ./grizzly_hdl/mod_lfsr.v}

using a relative path, but that still put in an absolute path.

Regards,

Kurt

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @petersk

Check the below thread if it helps you.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Entry/Is-it-possible-in-Vivado-to-package-a-custom-IP-with-relative/td-p/488200

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

He seems to have the same problem.  I have had to got back and change the paths to relative by hand.  Here's a quote from his post:

"But I was hoping that the tool would do the reative addressing itself as it does for Xilinx internal sources. if I look at any component.xml under the IP/xilinx directory under tool installation it has the path from any file from hdl/......v. It is not looking at absolute paths, I was hoping users can also do something like that by maybe setting a parameter which can specify the base path from where everything needs to be relative."

0 Kudos