UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer abhinipun
Observer

TCl error I.D: ENOENT

Jump to solution

hi all,

I was synthesising my code which was generating a bitstream earlier but suddenly it stopped at an error of tcl saying "ERROR:ProjectMgmt:387 - TOE: ITclInterp::ExecuteCmd gave Tcl result 'error copying ".

I have tried re-installing the ISE 12.1 but it did no help.

Can anyone tell me why is it so and how can i get out of this problem.

Thanks and regards

Nipun Sharma

tcl_error.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: TCl error I.D: ENOENT

Jump to solution

Is the project in the exact same location it was when it completed successfully?

The message is indicating that the copy command is failing.  The screen shot does not show the complete copy command but it looks like there could be a possibility the command is running into the 256 character limit for a Windows command line.

in any event, I would take a closer look at the fifth line down in the Errors window. The copy command is going to try to copy a file from one location to another.  It the entire command does not exceed 256 characters, make sure the file being copied exists. 

If not, the next step is to see what happened when it should have been created.

if it does exist, does it have read permissions.

Does the location being copied to have write permissions

The permissions changing on a file or directory within the project do not seem likely but it is a start. 

You could also try manually running the copy command to see if it succeeds or give a better error message.

4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @abhinipun,

Please check if the flow as mentioned in this AR is causing issue. You can also try cleanup project files with the project open in ISE. Select Project > Cleanup Project Files. (make sure you have separate backup of project files/runs). If possible, try it in ISE 14.7.

Regards,
Prathik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the appropriate post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Observer abhinipun
Observer

Jump to solution
hi @prathikm,
first of all thanks for answering, I have tried the cleanup Project files but it was of no use, and about that AR, this error occurred after the project has generated bit stream a number of times and I didn't add any source file in between the duration.
Thanks and Regards.
Nipun
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Is the project in the exact same location it was when it completed successfully?

The message is indicating that the copy command is failing.  The screen shot does not show the complete copy command but it looks like there could be a possibility the command is running into the 256 character limit for a Windows command line.

in any event, I would take a closer look at the fifth line down in the Errors window. The copy command is going to try to copy a file from one location to another.  It the entire command does not exceed 256 characters, make sure the file being copied exists. 

If not, the next step is to see what happened when it should have been created.

if it does exist, does it have read permissions.

Does the location being copied to have write permissions

The permissions changing on a file or directory within the project do not seem likely but it is a start. 

You could also try manually running the copy command to see if it succeeds or give a better error message.

Observer abhinipun
Observer

Jump to solution
Well thanks a lot @horwardp
and yes it was in the same directory but my issue got resolved but changing my project directory and bringing it on Desktop
Thanks a lot for your help
0 Kudos