UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer thilankathi
Observer

[Timing 38-282] The design failed to meet the timing requirements. Please see the timing summary report for details on the timing violations

hi,

I programed my project in hls and exported the ip to vivado and designed the block diagram. but when I ran the impementation, I got a timing error " [Timing 38-282] The design failed to meet the timing requirements. Please see the timing summary report for details on the timing violations". 

During the c systhesis also i couldnt meet the target timing. My target timing was 5.4ns and it estimated 5.6ns. I have no idea why I got this timing error in vivado design. I want to know if it is related to the timing estimation I got during the c systhesis in vivado_hls. Also I have attached a screenshot of the timing summary I got. Please help me to figure out the reason for this error/warning. Selection_027.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: [Timing 38-282] The design failed to meet the timing requirements. Please see the timing summary report for details on the timing violations

Without seeing the detailed report, it's impossible to give good advice, but if all of your timing failures are in the same general area, try adding some pipeline registers.

0 Kudos
Observer thilankathi
Observer

Re: [Timing 38-282] The design failed to meet the timing requirements. Please see the timing summary report for details on the timing violations

hey, thanks for the reply. Is there a chance that this design will work fine on the fpga board? or will it fail definetely. 

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos

With more than 300 failing endpoints and failing by about 10% of a clock cycle, I would guess probably not. Or it might work on some boards and not others, or it might work until it gets warm, or it might run and give bad data.   It's a safe bet that it will hang up when you demonstrate it to your boss/professor. 

0 Kudos
Teacher drjohnsmith
Teacher

some chips are faster than others, even with the same markings,
the timing numbers are guaranteed over Process changes, voltage range and temperature, So any one board may work at any one time,
but it has no guarantee to work, nor to stay working if it did initially,

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos