UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Transparent AXI device

Explorer

Transparent AXI device

When you make a block diagram like the one below the address map for the IC will only show IP_1 and not REGISTER_1

AXI_IC -> REGISTER_1 -> IP_1

When you make a block diagram like the one below the address map for the IC will show MY_TRANSPARENT_IP_1 as a slave device of the IC, and IP_1 as a slave device of MY_TRANSPARENT_IP

AXI_IC -> MY_TRANSPARENT_IP_1 -> IP_1

Is there anywhere to make my device transparent like the AXI register slice is?  

Teacher

Re: Transparent AXI device

@jameson.collins it seems you meant to attach some images here which didn't make it.

The reason register slices are transparent is because they don't have any functionality to assign a target address. If you want to make just a monitor which monitors and passes the transactions without changing them, just make your IP and not assign any address ranges to it. I believe you should be able to package such an IP in IP creator.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
Explorer

Re: Transparent AXI device

[ Edited ]

My IP, just like the register block, has no functionality to assign a target address to.  It's simply used to intercept and override certain bits in the axi transaction.

As far as I can tell the register block accomplishes this using the BRIDGES property which is assigned in a bd.tcl script.  I tried to replicate this behavior but I couldn't seem to get it to work.... I'm not even certain by bd.tcl file even runs when the block is added.