UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer goli12
Observer

Trouble adding a VHDL to a block design in Vivado 2018.1

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I have successfully tested my AES encryption core on a Pynq-Z1 using the 125 MHz clock located on pin H16. My next step is to use a PLL in the PS to test the core in the PL with higher clock frequencies.

However, it seems I am not able to add the module to the block diagram as it says that the RTL is an incompatible module. I have also tried Add module to block design,  but that option is greyed-out.

The source code including the Vivado 2018.1 project can be found here.

I appreciate any help :)

Cheers

goli12

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer goli12
Observer

Re: Trouble adding a VHDL to a block design in Vivado 2018.1

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I have solved my problem. Looks like Vivado requires you to export your project into another project and create a new block design where your RTL can be imported.

More info can be found here: https://forum.digilentinc.com/topic/16212-adding-vhdl-code-to-block-diagram/#comment-39213

Regards

Andrew

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi,

Never added RTL to the block diagram myself so I may be barking up the wrong tree entirely here, but from the first glance at your code, could it be something to with user-defined types as ports? I think Vivado has had issues with using records as ports before, but I seem to remember that the block diagrams don't deal with user defined types very well (of course that might just be my brain making stuff up! )

Just a thought. Might want to see if anyone else weighs in with anything else before changing all of your code.

Regards

Simon

Highlighted
Observer goli12
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I have solved my problem. Looks like Vivado requires you to export your project into another project and create a new block design where your RTL can be imported.

More info can be found here: https://forum.digilentinc.com/topic/16212-adding-vhdl-code-to-block-diagram/#comment-39213

Regards

Andrew

0 Kudos