Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

UART interrupt

Hi,

I use a AXI UART in Zynq-7000 and I have some problems with the interrupt. I created two functions in order to initialize the gic controller and the uart :

int InitInterruptSystem()
{
	int status;

gicconfig = XScuGic_LookupConfig(XPAR_SCUGIC_0_DEVICE_ID); //Initialize the interrupt controller driver
	if (gicconfig == NULL) {printf("Intialization of interrupt controller driver (LookupConfig) failed \n\r"); return XST_FAILURE;}

status = XScuGic_CfgInitialize(&interruptcontroller, gicconfig, gicconfig->CpuBaseAddress); //Initialize the interrupt controller driver
	if (status != XST_SUCCESS) {printf("Intialization of interrupt controller driver (CfgInitialize) failed \n\r"); return XST_FAILURE;}

Xil_ExceptionInit();
	Xil_ExceptionRegisterHandler(XIL_EXCEPTION_ID_INT, (Xil_ExceptionHandler) XScuGic_InterruptHandler, &interruptcontroller); //Connect the interrupt controller interrupt handler to the hardware interrupt handling logic in the ARM processor

Xil_ExceptionEnable(); //Enable ARM Exception

return XST_SUCCESS;
}

int InitUart()
{
	int status, i;
	u8 sendbuffer[BUFFER_SIZE];

uart_interrupt = 0;

uartconfig = XUartLite_LookupConfig(XPAR_AXI_UARTLITE_0_DEVICE_ID); //Initialize UART
	if (uartconfig == NULL) {printf("Intialization of uart driver (LookupConfig) failed \n\r"); return XST_FAILURE;}

status = XUartLite_CfgInitialize(&uartcontroller, uartconfig, uartconfig->RegBaseAddr); //Initialize UART
	if (status != XST_SUCCESS) {printf("Intialization of uart driver (CfgInitialize) failed \n\r"); return XST_FAILURE;}

status = XScuGic_Connect(&interruptcontroller, XPAR_FABRIC_AXI_UARTLITE_0_INTERRUPT_INTR, (Xil_InterruptHandler)XUartLite_InterruptHandler, (void *)&uartcontroller); //Connect a device driver handler that will be called when an interrupt for the device occurs
	if (status != XST_SUCCESS) {printf("Connection of gpio interrupt handler failed \n\r"); return XST_FAILURE;}

XScuGic_Enable(&interruptcontroller, XPAR_FABRIC_AXI_UARTLITE_0_INTERRUPT_INTR); //Enable the interrupt for the device

XUartLite_SetRecvHandler(&uartcontroller, (XUartLite_Handler)UartInterruptHandler, &uartcontroller); //Setup the handlers for the Uart

XUartLite_EnableInterrupt(&uartcontroller); //Enable interrupt

//XUartLite_ResetFifos(&uartcontroller); //Reset FIFO UART

for (i = 0; i < BUFFER_SIZE; i++) {
		sendbuffer[i] = i;
		receivebuffer[i] = 0;
	}

XUartLite_Recv(&uartcontroller, receivebuffer, BUFFER_SIZE);

XUartLite_Send(&uartcontroller, sendbuffer, BUFFER_SIZE);

return XST_SUCCESS;
}

The problem is that the interrupt never happen when I send or receive a buffer from UART.

Have you any ideas why ?

Thanks Jo

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: UART interrupt

I also have a AXI GPIO in the same project and the interrupt works perfectly but not UART interrupt.

Jo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: UART interrupt

When I send or receive data from uart, the Gic interrupt handler (XScuGic_InterruptHandler) is executed but when the function read which device has generated this interrupt the Interrupt ID returned is 1023 instead of 61 in my case and I don't know why ?

Jo

0 Kudos