UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

UART interrupt

Hi,

I use a AXI UART in Zynq-7000 and I have some problems with the interrupt. I created two functions in order to initialize the gic controller and the uart :

int InitInterruptSystem()
{
	int status;

gicconfig = XScuGic_LookupConfig(XPAR_SCUGIC_0_DEVICE_ID); //Initialize the interrupt controller driver
	if (gicconfig == NULL) {printf("Intialization of interrupt controller driver (LookupConfig) failed \n\r"); return XST_FAILURE;}

status = XScuGic_CfgInitialize(&interruptcontroller, gicconfig, gicconfig->CpuBaseAddress); //Initialize the interrupt controller driver
	if (status != XST_SUCCESS) {printf("Intialization of interrupt controller driver (CfgInitialize) failed \n\r"); return XST_FAILURE;}

Xil_ExceptionInit();
	Xil_ExceptionRegisterHandler(XIL_EXCEPTION_ID_INT, (Xil_ExceptionHandler) XScuGic_InterruptHandler, &interruptcontroller); //Connect the interrupt controller interrupt handler to the hardware interrupt handling logic in the ARM processor

Xil_ExceptionEnable(); //Enable ARM Exception

return XST_SUCCESS;
}

int InitUart()
{
	int status, i;
	u8 sendbuffer[BUFFER_SIZE];

uart_interrupt = 0;

uartconfig = XUartLite_LookupConfig(XPAR_AXI_UARTLITE_0_DEVICE_ID); //Initialize UART
	if (uartconfig == NULL) {printf("Intialization of uart driver (LookupConfig) failed \n\r"); return XST_FAILURE;}

status = XUartLite_CfgInitialize(&uartcontroller, uartconfig, uartconfig->RegBaseAddr); //Initialize UART
	if (status != XST_SUCCESS) {printf("Intialization of uart driver (CfgInitialize) failed \n\r"); return XST_FAILURE;}

status = XScuGic_Connect(&interruptcontroller, XPAR_FABRIC_AXI_UARTLITE_0_INTERRUPT_INTR, (Xil_InterruptHandler)XUartLite_InterruptHandler, (void *)&uartcontroller); //Connect a device driver handler that will be called when an interrupt for the device occurs
	if (status != XST_SUCCESS) {printf("Connection of gpio interrupt handler failed \n\r"); return XST_FAILURE;}

XScuGic_Enable(&interruptcontroller, XPAR_FABRIC_AXI_UARTLITE_0_INTERRUPT_INTR); //Enable the interrupt for the device

XUartLite_SetRecvHandler(&uartcontroller, (XUartLite_Handler)UartInterruptHandler, &uartcontroller); //Setup the handlers for the Uart

XUartLite_EnableInterrupt(&uartcontroller); //Enable interrupt

//XUartLite_ResetFifos(&uartcontroller); //Reset FIFO UART

for (i = 0; i < BUFFER_SIZE; i++) {
		sendbuffer[i] = i;
		receivebuffer[i] = 0;
	}

XUartLite_Recv(&uartcontroller, receivebuffer, BUFFER_SIZE);

XUartLite_Send(&uartcontroller, sendbuffer, BUFFER_SIZE);

return XST_SUCCESS;
}

The problem is that the interrupt never happen when I send or receive a buffer from UART.

Have you any ideas why ?

Thanks Jo

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: UART interrupt

I also have a AXI GPIO in the same project and the interrupt works perfectly but not UART interrupt.

Jo

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: UART interrupt

When I send or receive data from uart, the Gic interrupt handler (XScuGic_InterruptHandler) is executed but when the function read which device has generated this interrupt the Interrupt ID returned is 1023 instead of 61 in my case and I don't know why ?

Jo

0 Kudos