Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

Unable to launch DocNav

Jump to solution

Hi folks,

Just installed 2019.2 on Win10x64 and unable to launch DocNav, even in "Administrator" mode.

image.png

Any idea of what "device, path or file" the above message may be referring to?

Thanks for helping!

Claude

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

Resolved! It's not clear what happened but here's my thoughts. @Xilinx folks, you should possibly flag that to those who are responsible for the install package.

When I updated to 2019.2, I'm pretty sure I still had DocNav 2018.2 opened and because it was in use, Windows refused the docnav.exe and a few other files to be updated.I ended-up with a mixed installation that was still usable. Most of the files in the install folder were indeed dated March 31st, 2020 (when I updated to 2019.2) but some others were older, including docnav.exe. And when starting docnav.exe, it was still 2018.2.

Keep in mind that when installing Vivado/Vitis, the new software version is always installed in IT'S OWN FOLDER. But not DocNav. DocNav is always updating the same installation folder. Hence it would be useful to make sure the installation software closes currently running DocNav before starting to update files.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

Resolved! It's not clear what happened but here's my thoughts. @Xilinx folks, you should possibly flag that to those who are responsible for the install package.

When I updated to 2019.2, I'm pretty sure I still had DocNav 2018.2 opened and because it was in use, Windows refused the docnav.exe and a few other files to be updated.I ended-up with a mixed installation that was still usable. Most of the files in the install folder were indeed dated March 31st, 2020 (when I updated to 2019.2) but some others were older, including docnav.exe. And when starting docnav.exe, it was still 2018.2.

Keep in mind that when installing Vivado/Vitis, the new software version is always installed in IT'S OWN FOLDER. But not DocNav. DocNav is always updating the same installation folder. Hence it would be useful to make sure the installation software closes currently running DocNav before starting to update files.

View solution in original post