UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Unexpected addresses for axi dma scatter gather block interface

Jump to solution

Hello.

I have a Zynq design which has an AXI DMA scatter gather interface hooked up as follows:

The AXI DMA's M_AXI_SG block interface is connected to an AXI Interface's S00_AXI block interface. 

The AXI Interface's M00_AXI block interface is connected to the Zynq Processing System 7's S_AXI_GP0 block interface.

I have the AXI DMA's GP0_DDR_LOWOCM at 0x0000_0000, size 1G.

There are three other addresses under the Data_SG  that I have no idea how to fill in, as I have no idea what they are:

GP0_IOP

GP0_M_AXI_GP0

GP0_M_AXI_GP1

Could someone point me to a description of these so I can find out how to fill them in?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Unexpected addresses for axi dma scatter gather block interface

Jump to solution
Check out the 'System Addresses' table 4-1 in the zynq TRM. The S_AXI_GP* ports fall under the 'Other Bus Masters' column. IOP is the I/O Peripheral registers.

Is there a reason you're going through the S_GP ports instead of ACP or HP ports? The latter will have higher throughput and lower latency to DDR.
www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Check out the 'System Addresses' table 4-1 in the zynq TRM. The S_AXI_GP* ports fall under the 'Other Bus Masters' column. IOP is the I/O Peripheral registers.

Is there a reason you're going through the S_GP ports instead of ACP or HP ports? The latter will have higher throughput and lower latency to DDR.
www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Thanks.

Why would the SG master want access to the IO Peripheral Regs?  If I don't need this access, what address should I point it to?

I have the DMA MM-side data going to an HP port, and thought the conflict between that and the SG would slow things down.  Would using 2 HP ports be faster?  What if the GP port went to OCM?

Zynq is so rich, but so much to learn.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

I have no idea why you'd want to do that. But you could if you wanted to :P.

I think you can leave it unmapped if you want.

Sure, SG interface on HP will technically use up a bit of bandwidth, but descriptor fetches would likely be relatively sparse. You'd have to really be pushing the limits of memory bandwidth before you'd notice it, I'd think.

www.xilinx.com