UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor rendijs
Visitor

Use commandline to generate .tcl from .xise

Hi,,

I'm using ISE Project Navigator 14.7. 

Currently, the team is keeping the .xise project file in a git repository, and generating the .tcl file by performing "Project -> Generate TCL Script" in the UI of Project Navigator.

However, I am working on build automation, so need to be able to generate the TCL file from XISE from commandline. Is this at all possible?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Use commandline to generate .tcl from .xise

Sorry, there is no ISE Tcl command equivalent to the Vivado write_project_tcl command.

There is not a Tcl, or other scripted way to run the "Generate Tcl Script" operation.  ISE was not Tcl based as Vivado is and therefore we had to build the Tcl environment/commands around the Project Navigator functionality rather than the other way around.

In ISE the generation of project tcl script (as with much of the ISE flow commands) worked on executing internal procedures that were wired directly with the GUI widgets.

Visitor rendijs
Visitor

Re: Use commandline to generate .tcl from .xise

Ok, I'll stop trying to find a way to do it in the docs then, and try and come up with a different way to make this work. Thanks!

0 Kudos