UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar dwisehart
Scholar

VIO outputs not using VIO_INST/inst/PROBE_OUT_WIDTH_INST

I use the VIO Wizard to create a VIO instance.  Then I generate the example program and try to implement it.  I see this error:

ERROR: [Opt 31-120] Instance 'VIO_INST/inst/PROBE_OUT_WIDTH_INST (vio_0vio_v3_0_probe_width__parameterized0)' has become an empty hierarchy during sweep, however it has constraints that do not permit its removal.

Fortunately for me, this is exactly the same error as I am seeing in my own project, even when I run the VIO outputs to package pins.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,

Daniel

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: VIO outputs not using VIO_INST/inst/PROBE_OUT_WIDTH_INST

Hi,

Can you attach project archive of your simple test case here?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Scholar dwisehart
Scholar

Re: VIO outputs not using VIO_INST/inst/PROBE_OUT_WIDTH_INST

Here you are.  

I did some more playing with the project and I thought the problem might be related to setting flatten_hierarchy to none, but I could not reproduce that with my bigger project.

Thanks,

Daniel

0 Kudos