UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

VIVADO not adding vhd file : black box instances

Hi , I am starting working with VIVADO , coming from ISE , and I have a custom block in my block diagram with a AXI interface and inside this block , I edited the VHD and inserted my vhd components, it detects , I update the IP , and when I go back to generate my bitstream gives the error :

[DRC INBB-3] Black Box Instances: Cell 'design_1_i/axis_fifo_main_spn_0/U0/fifo_comp' of type 'design_1_axis_fifo_main_spn_0_0_fifoRam2' has undefined contents and is considered a black box.  The contents of this cell must be defined for opt_design to complete successfully.

I tried to add it over and over , in the source or library , copying to the directory and all has failed .

Screenshot from 2018-04-06 13-12-32.png
Screenshot from 2018-04-06 13-12-23.png
Screenshot from 2018-04-06 12-25-23.png
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Re: VIVADO not adding vhd file : black box instances

Maybe UG1118 User Guide - Creating and Packaging Custom IP will help:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_4/ug1118-vivado-creating-packaging-custom-ip.pdf

Ted Booth - Tech. Lead FPGA Design Engineer
www.designlinxhs.com
0 Kudos

Re: VIVADO not adding vhd file : black box instances

Hello @maikonnascimento,

Please check this Answer Record https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/61294.html, as it lists a few possible worksrounds to this issue. Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos