Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sebo
Voyager
Voyager

VPSS - out of date IP

Jump to solution

Hello,

I use the Video Processing Subsystem in vivado 2018.3.

Something quite annoying is that the IP goes out of date at almost each 'out of context' run although I do not modify it's parameters. And, it does not get recompiled.

So I need to stop and re-run the implementation twice so it gets compiled and up to date.

It happens only with this IP.

What's wrong?

--Sebastien
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
florentw

Hi @sebo 

I did some test with 2020.1 with the VPSS example design. I cannot really reproduce your behaviour.

The only behaviour I have is that if I change one IP in the design and do not hit validate, I never see the VPSS build out of date.

If I hit validate, the VPSS goes out of date but has the interconnects in the design (the VPSS includes an interconnect under the hood), so I do not think there is much to do here

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
florentw

Hi @sebo 

This might be happening only with the VPSS because the VPSS might be the only HLS IP that you have in your design.

I would need to check if this is happening still in the latest version.

I would assume you can ignore the fact that this is marked as out of context. However this might be a time west because if anything else changes in the design you will have to recompile the VPSS

Florent
0 Kudos
sebo
Voyager
Voyager

Hi @florentw 

I might be wrong but the video frame buffer Read/Write IPs are also written in HLS. They do not happen to behave the same.

So far, we're stuck in an older version of vivado. I'll see later on if migrating to the latest version solve this.

Thanks anyway.

--Sebastien
0 Kudos
florentw

Hi @sebo 

Is the vivado project build under windows? If yes, this might be a path length issue if this is happening only to the vpss.

Also the VPSS has a higher level of complexity compared to other HLS based IP. This is a subsystem this means this is kind of a BD integrating multiples sub-IPs

Florent
0 Kudos
sebo
Voyager
Voyager

no. built under linux red hat.

--Sebastien
0 Kudos
florentw

Hi @sebo 

I did some test with 2020.1 with the VPSS example design. I cannot really reproduce your behaviour.

The only behaviour I have is that if I change one IP in the design and do not hit validate, I never see the VPSS build out of date.

If I hit validate, the VPSS goes out of date but has the interconnects in the design (the VPSS includes an interconnect under the hood), so I do not think there is much to do here

Florent

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
sebo
Voyager
Voyager

Thanks @florentw.

I appreciate you tried to reproduce it. I don't understand either. Sometines, it goes out of date even if the changes are absolutely not related. The status changes when I launch the btifile generation (first step for vivado would be the generation of output product).

Anyway, I propose to close the subject.

BR,

S.

--Sebastien
0 Kudos