cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vitis_HLS 2020.2 not starting only splash screen visible

Jump to solution

Hi

Vitis hls (ver 2020.2) is not opening in the gui mode on windows. I only see a splash screen for a very brief time when I try to run the application.

I search for the issue on the forum and come across: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/High-Level-Synthesis-HLS/Vivado-HLS-2017-3-not-starting-only-splash-screen-visible/td-p/799934

following which I go to my C:\Users\username\.Xilinx\vitis_hls and delete all the files under this. This fails to resolve the issue.

then i follow https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Vitis-Acceleration-SDAccel-SDSoC/Vitis-doesn-t-start/m-p/1074165

which asks to delete the .Xilinx folder from the above-mentioned location. When doing so I could delete all files except one file that is xinstall..it says the file is open in another program. I don't see that though..so I restart and try to delete that file, still says the same!

31 Replies
turland
Visitor
Visitor

your fix worked for me on Ubuntu 20.10. Thanks!!

0 Kudos
anatoli

Thanks everyone for reporting this issue to us (Xilinx) and big thanks to @edmeme for finding a solution that also helped other users on the same problem.

I have reached out to the engineering team to see if this is a know issue/behavior or not, and if not, we can file a request to get this checked and permanently fixed in the latest tools, in case it is still an issue with Vivado HLS 2021.1, that just got released on 06/22.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------