cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rtfinch
Adventurer
Adventurer

Vivado 18.2 quits when refreshing heirarchy

Vivado 18.2 quits when refreshing the hierarchy after loading a project.

I had this problem for months, I finally upgraded to Windows 10 Pro and it worked once, then stopped working.

(windows build 1803 - june 2018)

It seems to work once sometimes immediately after a windows update.

Is there a lock file of some sort that's not working properly ?

I tried attaching the .dmp file and .str file, but got an error message saying the file does not match its file extension

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
xlyns
Adventurer
Adventurer

I had it a few times too. 

What I advise is that when you have Vivado getting unstable just delete all the project just keeping the design files and then rebuild from scratch that will take 20-30min. but the synthesis will be much faster and more reliable:

It was in 1999 when using ISE3 and XC4000 series exactly the same we always deleted all files and each time rebuild from scratch

so its nothing new but once one knows it its no more big issue
hemangd

Hi @rtfinch,

Is this a project specific issue?

If no, then Try to delete the .Xilinx directory in my User Home and reboot the machine. This directory will be like C:\Users\hemangd\AppData\Roaming\Xilinx\Vivado

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
rtfinch
Adventurer
Adventurer

I'm testing out AR#71064 right now. It seems to be working after a reboot of the pc. But I'll have more confidence if it works several more times in a row.

It's not project specific.

rtfinch
Adventurer
Adventurer

It gets a little bit further now, but it corrupts the project file making it useless.

I'll leave it for a few more months and see what happens.

rtfinch
Adventurer
Adventurer

Using AR #71064's solution Vivado works immediately after a reboot. But if the app is left and then restarted it doesn't work. So everytime it's desired to run the app a reboot is required. I am able to get some work done.