UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vivado 2014.2, Software crashes while generating outputs (HDL files) from system.bd (Block Design)

Hello All.

I am using 64bit Windows 7 as OS with Vivado 2014.2 for my design. I have a project controlling LEDs brightness, I am extending it by adding pushbuttons and a new clock from PS. After Editing my Block design, vivado always get crashed when I am asking to Generate Output Products from system.bd

The Software IDE simply disappears. Any Solution?

Regards

Abdullah

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado 2014.2, Software crashes while generating outputs (HDL files) from system.bd (Block Design)

The internal Exception was caused by the use of "" or () in the Vendor name field in the project settings.

Please go to project settings --> IP, then change the vendor name to a value without ""  or () symbols.

Below is snapshot of the project settings.

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
tt.png
0 Kudos

Re: Vivado 2014.2, Software crashes while generating outputs (HDL files) from system.bd (Block Design)

It is still the same. It didnt happen before. I am using this tool since a week. Have restarted the tool and windows but it is still the same error
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Abdullah,

Can you attach the crash log files created ? You can find these details at http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/55854.html

Is it possible to share the design?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,

Yup here are the .str files that were recently generated after crash. And Also the block design

Hope I can Have solution to continue my further learning.

Regards

Abdullah

0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems that I have found where problem lies. It lies in Clock Configuration of ZYNQ PS IP.

I wanted the configuration of 250khz for second clock to be provided to pushbuttons but vivado gets crashed with this frequency. As soon as I am changing it to 1MHZ, The problem gets solved .

So the question is why the software is getting crashed with frequency of Second clock as 0.2 MHz inspite of having the allowed range from 100khz to 250 MHZ for IO PLL.

The tutorial I am following is using vivado 2014.1, a version older than my one and there the author isnt having any issues with desired settings at all.

Have a look into the snaperror.png

Regards

Abdullah

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Abdullah,

I am able to recreate the issue. I see the crash when PL fabric clock frequency is set to small numbers like 0.2 or 0.3. There has been a Change request CR 808663  filed for this issue to get it addressed in future releases of tool.

Thanks,

Deepika. 

Thanks,
Deepika.
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos