UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Vivado 2015.2 block design unknown validate error BD 41-1357

Jump to solution

A simple block design, when I make the validation I got the following error message:

[BD 41-1357] Exception thrown in PostPropagate DRC: Cell path not found: reset_n

But I have no "reset_n" signal in the block design, and I could not find any help about this error in the Xilinx online documentation, answer records, etc... so I'm stuck at this point.

Someone can help me to solve this problem?

regards

Davide

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Re: Vivado 2015.2 block design unknown validate error BD 41-1357

Jump to solution

@davide.camerano Glad to know. Close this thread

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

@davide.camerano Can you attach your BD here?

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

I send you the BD file.

Thanks

Davide

0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

@davide.camerano I cannot open this bd, it seems bd is using some custom ip and i need them to open this.

Can you attach your project here if possible?

-Pratham

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Unofrtunately I cannot send you the custom IP, but I investigated on the error by opening the BD file with a text editor.

I found (line 216):

<spirit:value>reset_n</spirit:value>

It is related to the "axi_clk" input.

I selectet the axi_clk input in the block diagram, checked the properties, and I found that it had an ASSOCIATED_RESET with the value "reset_n", that does not exist. I changed with the correct value "axi_reset_n", and now it works.

I think that in this case the problem is in the error message, that is undocumented, and does not give useful informations about the error. Whitout manually opening an XML file it is nearly impossible to guess where the problem is, correct it and terminate the validation phase.

thank you for your help

regards

Davide

0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

@davide.camerano Glad to know. Close this thread

-Pratham

0 Kudos