UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Vivado 2016.2 Crashes while editing Package IP parameter with bitstring type

Hi, Vivado 2016.2, Windows.

I am packaging an IP and one of the IP parameters needs to be of type bitstring,

now as soon as I enter a hex value e.g. 0x0 into the default value box (edit ) the vivado window gets closed completely.

Thanks,

Mo.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Vivado 2016.2 Crashes while editing Package IP parameter with bitstring type

@mamisadegh3,

Can you share the test case to replicate the issue? If the issue is reproducible then I will forward the design to factory.

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Vivado 2016.2 Crashes while editing Package IP parameter with bitstring type

hello,

take 2016.2 under windows,

try to package a vhdl file with a generic for which we want to have the default value in hex.

in package ip interface, edit this parameter, and for type select bitstring, and now type something as the default value, e.g. 0x0 or 0

this should show the problem...

0 Kudos