UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie akcea

Vivado 2017.1 crashes while editing source files

I use a fairly large design and it synthesizes perfectly on vivado 2017.1. I could even do implementation and run the bit file on 

FPGA without any problem. Now, the problem occurs when I try to edit one of the vhdl source files. The whole vivado and even the entire system responds extremely slow and it never finish "updating" source files. I could find that a process "srcscanner" consumes the entire memory. In this situation, I am unable to change my design and looking here for any feasible solution. Please help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Vivado 2017.1 crashes while editing source files

Hi @akcea

Which OS you are using? Check the below link, page 24 for all supported OS with Vivado 2017.1

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_1/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf

With unsupported OS you generally see such undeterministic results. Also try rebuilding  the project from the scratch.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Rohit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Did you try to edit any IP core source file? In that case please check whether the following AR https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/69191.html information is applicable for your case.

Also refer https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/68919.html 

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Newbie akcea

Hi Rohit,

I am currently using Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS which seems to be a supported OS from the documentation.

Regards,
Arun

0 Kudos
Newbie akcea

@umamahe

I just tried to edit one of my source files which is not belonging to any IP core.

Anyway, I will take a look at the answers provided. Thanks for the links.

0 Kudos