UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Vivado 2018.2 HLS command shell does not find make, gcc or bash

Hi, I just installed Vivado 2018.2 Webpack edition with the web installer in Windows 10 Version 1703 and the Vivado HLS 2018.2 Command Prompt does not find gcc, g++, make or bash, which used to work fine in Vivado 2018.1.

I "fixed" this problem in my machine by manually adding the required folders to the set PATH line in vivado_hls_cmd.bat.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado 2018.2 HLS command shell does not find make, gcc or bash

Hello @davi_bernardi_ge, I tested this on my end, and got the same results. In 2018.1 the msys\bin folder is included in the path to reference these commands. However in 2018.2 I can see it was changed/updated to a new location, msys64\mingw64\bin, but the .bat file wasn't updated with this new location. I have notified development to have this corrected in a future version of the tool.

As you have already done, you can work around this issue by adding the proper path to the vivado_hls_cmd.bat file. The PATH line should read:

set PATH=%~dp0;%PATH%;%~dp0..\msys64\mingw64\bin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visitor hdemir93
Visitor

Re: Vivado 2018.2 HLS command shell does not find make, gcc or bash

Hello as you said i added the path to vivado_hls_cmd.bat file after that i tried make command again in vivado hls 2018.2 command prompt and now its giving a new error as seen in the attachment what could be the problem?

thank you 

Capture2.PNG
Capture.PNG
0 Kudos