Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Vivado 2018.2 Text Editor: Cannot Undo after Save

Jump to solution

It appears that the undo stack is getting cleared upon saving a text file in Vivado's editor.

When I'm editing a source file, I can undo my changes as expected until I save the file, at which point Undo stops working and the Edit -> Undo menu option is grayed out - as if I had closed and reopened the file. 

Undo functionality returns as soon as I change the file after saving, but I can only undo changes made after the most recent save.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Vivado 2018.2 Text Editor: Cannot Undo after Save

Jump to solution

@cbthalmic

Yes, this is not expected. I checked and the issue is present in only Vivado 2018.2. 

Vivado 2018.1 and previous versions can undo after save. The issue is fixed in the latest internal build of Vivado 2018.3 which will be released soon.

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Jump to solution

As expected,

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

Not expected at all. I have never used a text editor which exhibits this behavior, and that includes all Vivado versions between 2016.1 to 2018.1. A file save operation should not affect the undo history at all.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

@cbthalmic

Yes, this is not expected. I checked and the issue is present in only Vivado 2018.2. 

Vivado 2018.1 and previous versions can undo after save. The issue is fixed in the latest internal build of Vivado 2018.3 which will be released soon.

--Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Jump to solution

My apologies,

Id have placed money on thats whats meant to happen,   but I was wrong.

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos