Vivado 2018.2 not wiritng to target constraints file
I have two constraint files I wrote. I also created a new blank one via the GUI, and set it as the target for any new constraints. I assigned some pblocks and created a clock, and Vivado wrote the new constraints to one of my files and not the new one tagged as the target file. Any idea what could be causing this behavior? Am I missing a setting? It says (target) next to the new file, but nothing winds up there.
Further info. I executed what I call the nuclear option when a project acts weird, and deleted everything in the folder except the .xpr file. All sources and IP are located elsewhere, so it's not a big deal, and does seem to clear the odder issues I sometimes encounter.
Now it will correctly save things like new clock and delay constraints to the (target) file, but assigned pblocks still get written to my file with the pblock definitions. I guess that makes sense on some level, but my pblock definition file is a common one we use because several of us are designing to the same hardware for various applications. I'd like the "add_cells_to_pblock" commands to be put in the (target) file I set, and not the pblock definition file. I'm nearly certain it would do this back on 2017.4, but I'd have to go check.
I could move them manually once they are done, but I'd like to know if this is intended behavior by Vivado.