cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

Vivado 2018.3 - can no longer change address range of a bram controller with block memory generator

Jump to solution

In my current project (vivado 2018.3 with ZCU102 board as target), I tried to add a bram controller and have it auto-connect a block memory generator.

I know I have to set the memory size in the Address editor window and then validate, but somehow the drop-down box only shows 4K as an option... I tried the same in a new / empty project, and there I do get the drop-down box up to 512M. Could something have corrupted my project? or?

Here's a screenshot of the address editor window only showing 4K in the drop-down box, also my block design and IP customization dialogs:

address editor.png

bd.pngcontroller.pngmem.png

** kudo if the answer was helpful. Accept as solution if your question is answered **
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

That is possible.  We have been working on a lot of address related issues lately and doing a big overhaul for 2020.1.  I can't recall every single one but this sounds like some project related issue.  Hard to tell without seeing the project itself however.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

That is possible.  We have been working on a lot of address related issues lately and doing a big overhaul for 2020.1.  I can't recall every single one but this sounds like some project related issue.  Hard to tell without seeing the project itself however.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

thanks @cdunlap for the info. I found an easy way to reproduce the issue, you can check this in 2 minutes :

1) put a Zynq US+ and AXI BRAM controller on a block design -> use connection automation

2) in the address editor : set mem size to 128k for example

3) add a 2nd AXI BRAM controller on the block design -> use connection automation

4) now in the address editor : you can only set the mem size of the 2nd controller to max 128k... as if the setting I made to the first one limits the values in the drop-down box ...

Screenshot 2020-03-13 at 17.05.47.png

note that I still can select bigger memory in controler 0:

Screenshot 2020-03-13 at 17.06.55.png

now when I change controller 0 to  512k, I can also change controller 1 to 512k, but again, not larger.

so looks like the drop-down boxes are not populated with the correct values? or there is some interaction between the 2 ...

So the workaround I use now is to unmap everything, and map everything again.

** kudo if the answer was helpful. Accept as solution if your question is answered **
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I don't see this is in 2019.2 so it seems fixed already.