Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nxthuan
Observer
Observer

Vivado Block Design

Jump to solution

Hi Fellows,

Is there any way to configure the Vivado Block Design as similar to Intel Qsys? For large system with many modules, Block Design windows is a mess. Also, it is really difficult to connect the signals/pins between the modules.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
reaiken
Explorer
Explorer

@nxthuan,

I don't know if this will help you or not, but If you hold down the CTRL key, and select blocks you want to group together (for example, all the MicroBlaze related blocks), you can then right-click and select "Create Hierarchy" to create a large block containing all the smaller blocks you highlighted, with i/o ports to get in and out of the sub-block.  You can click on the block and navigate down into each hierarchy if you need to see the details of the sub-block contained within it.

If you create multiple top-level hierarchical blocks like this, you can clean up the design and make it more readable.  

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
4 Replies
reaiken
Explorer
Explorer

@nxthuan,

I don't know if this will help you or not, but If you hold down the CTRL key, and select blocks you want to group together (for example, all the MicroBlaze related blocks), you can then right-click and select "Create Hierarchy" to create a large block containing all the smaller blocks you highlighted, with i/o ports to get in and out of the sub-block.  You can click on the block and navigate down into each hierarchy if you need to see the details of the sub-block contained within it.

If you create multiple top-level hierarchical blocks like this, you can clean up the design and make it more readable.  

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
anatoli

Hello @nxthuan,

This topic is still open and is waiting for you.

If your question is answered and/or your issue is solved, please mark a response, as Accepted Solution (more info on this can be found here: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/solutions#solutions). This way, the topic can be completed then. 

If this is not solved/answered, please reply in the thread.

Thanks in advance and have a great day.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
nxthuan
Observer
Observer

@reaiken

Thank for your reply. However, it's still not as convenient as the Quartus Qsys tools. 

0 Kudos
joe306
Scholar
Scholar
Wow! That is super easy! Way, way easier than Quartus.
0 Kudos