UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer cleigeber
Observer

Vivado Error [IP_Flow 19-98] Generation of the IP CORE failed and [IP_Flow 19-194] Failed to save BOM file

I am seriously in trouble here.  I cannot for the life of me figure out the source of these IP errors.  Can anyone please provide me some things to look for regarding these errors:

[IP_Flow 19-98] Generation of IP CORE failed.

[IP_Flow 19-193] Failed to save BOM file.

I get these errors regarding multiple IPs that I had packaged that contain IP cores like BRAM controller and BRAM.  

I have tried deleting the .cache folder.  Deleting the offending files in the ../project.srcs/sources_1/bd/system/ip, reset the BD core's output products and regenerating them to no avail. 

I have even tried recreating the IP that is instantiated into my custom IP cores... to no avail.

I have tried restarting Vivado.  Restarting my machine.  I have tried .ooc vs. global for the Xilinx IPs instantiated... no success.

I am using Vivado 2018.2 on a Linux Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS.   Oddly, my design did not have this problem about 3-4 weeks ago, but not that I have this issue, it refuses to be resolved.  What's even more disturbing, is that I have managed a few times to somehow generate a .bit file yet it seems random!  

It seems to me that the Vivado tool itself is corrupted in some way, so I am considering reinstalling it.  

This has literally cost me weeks of lost productivity and is absolutely driving me mad.  PLEASE, can anyone help with this issue?  I have searched the forums and internet exhaustively and found little to no information on this problem.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Scholar xilinxacct
Scholar

Re: Vivado Error [IP_Flow 19-98] Generation of the IP CORE failed and [IP_Flow 19-194] Failed to save BOM file

@cleigeber 

Maybe this will give some insight... https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/IP-Flow-19-98-Generation-of-the-IP-CORE-failed/m-p/824066#M20594

Hope that Helps

If so, Please mark as solution accepted. Kudos also welcomed. :-)

0 Kudos
Observer cleigeber
Observer

Re: Vivado Error [IP_Flow 19-98] Generation of the IP CORE failed and [IP_Flow 19-194] Failed to save BOM file

I don't know how the link you posted has anything to do with my issue as the IP cores I am using are included with my Xilinx license.  Recall also, that sometimes I can run successfully.  I don't see how my issue could be related to licensing?

An example, I somehow ran a successful build yesterday after running the tcl command "reset_project" and this worked!  Yet now this morning same error AGAIN:  [IP_Flow 19-993] Could not find IP file for IP 'div_32div25', which is a Xilinx Divider IP.  Note, I have seen this error with block rams and controllers too.

Regards,
Chris

0 Kudos

Hi @cleigeber ,

Can you provide the vivado.log which will show all the critical warnings errors to evaluate?

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos
Observer cleigeber
Observer

Just finished a build.  The problem is that it happens then I am fighting it for several days.  Lately, running the tcl clean_project, reset BD output products, regenerate BD output products, and then running implementation seems to help.  Without doing these steps, I believe the errors still occur.  I will check once I have this next build completed- I will try rerunning it with no changes made to the source files and see what happens.

Right now, I cannot give you the requested log as it was cleared and is currently running now.

Thank you for the responses!

Regards

0 Kudos
Observer cleigeber
Observer

The other oddity is that one of my IP cores constantly results in "IP Catalog is out-of-date" without any underlying changes to the source files.  No matter how many times I select, "Refresh IP Catalog" followed by upgrading the IP in the IP Status, once a build is kicked off it flags for needing updated again.  It is an endless loop it seems...

Thanks

0 Kudos
Observer cleigeber
Observer

I do not see a vivado.log file.  There was an old one, but none corresponding to my current builds and tools.  I do see log files in the synthesis and implementation folders.

0 Kudos
Observer cleigeber
Observer

Short status as I continue to troubleshoot this issue.  It appears this IP catalog out-of-date issue may be the culprit because:

1.  When I run reset_project and then run the build it completes fine.

2.  When I run "Refresh IP Catalog" and then upgrade IP, the build fails synthesis almost immediately.  Note also that the "IP Catalog is out-of-date" comes immediately back as well.

I am thinking that I must rebuild a completely new IP for that one module and see if it clears up this issue.  Something is corrupted or invalid in the IP catalog or something.  

Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos
Observer cleigeber
Observer

Are you sure that Vivado 2018.2 even produces a vivado.log file?  I have searched my project folder, there is no vivado.log file.  

0 Kudos

Hi @cleigeber ,

Can you rebuild a new project from scratch and try to add an Xilinx IP and check? If it errors out can you post all the critical warnings and errors which tool shows ?

If it still errors out then have a look into this thread - https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Synthesis/Vivado-2018-3-fails-OOC-synthesis-of-Memory-Block-Generator-8-4/m-p/951010#M30373

It may help you out. 

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos