cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Vivado IP Integrator - How to create a GUI to customize parameters for a custom IP block

Jump to solution

Hi,

How can I go about creating a GUI to customize parameters for a custom IP block, for Vivado IP Integrator?

I've already gone through the packaging IP for Vivado IP Integrator for my custom AXI4-Stream IP cores, and would now like to be able to customize various parameters for my custom IP blocks.

Is there any documentation or resources for learning how to add custom GUIs to Vivado IP Integrator and modify IP core parameters?

Regards,

Elvis Dowson

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado IP Integrator - How to create a GUI to customize parameters for a custom IP block

Jump to solution

Hi,

Do you want to modify the parameter type or GUI layout of user IP (packaged by IP Packager tool)?

If yes, in the IP Packager project, once you double click on .xml file the IP packager GUI opens up. Here in the "IP customization parameters" tab, right click on parameter and select EDIT PARAMETER. This opens up the "Edit parameter" dialog box as below.

Capture.JPG

In this box, you can change the various options like type,default value etc. 

If you want to change the look how the parameters look like. say if you want to put few parameters in first page and remaining parameters in second page of IP cusomization GUI then go to "IP GUI customization Layout" and click on "Run the wizard" as shown below. In the dialog box, select  "Guide me through creating pages and groups" and click on Next.

Capture2.JPG

Is this the info you are looking for?

Currently there is no much documentation on how to setup parameters in IP packager wizard.

Thanks,

Deepika,

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado IP Integrator - How to create a GUI to customize parameters for a custom IP block

Jump to solution

Hi,

Do you want to modify the parameter type or GUI layout of user IP (packaged by IP Packager tool)?

If yes, in the IP Packager project, once you double click on .xml file the IP packager GUI opens up. Here in the "IP customization parameters" tab, right click on parameter and select EDIT PARAMETER. This opens up the "Edit parameter" dialog box as below.

Capture.JPG

In this box, you can change the various options like type,default value etc. 

If you want to change the look how the parameters look like. say if you want to put few parameters in first page and remaining parameters in second page of IP cusomization GUI then go to "IP GUI customization Layout" and click on "Run the wizard" as shown below. In the dialog box, select  "Guide me through creating pages and groups" and click on Next.

Capture2.JPG

Is this the info you are looking for?

Currently there is no much documentation on how to setup parameters in IP packager wizard.

Thanks,

Deepika,

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks Deepika, this is what I was looking for.

Regards,

Elvis Dowson

0 Kudos