Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Vivado IP integrator custom peripheral

Hi,

How to add a custom peripheral to the ip integrator?

Marcin

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

By using the IP Packager tool

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Is it possible to automatically migrate an XPS peripheral to the IP Integrator, I'm thinking of axi_ipif in particular?

I've done it manually with IP packager adding all hdl dependent files, but it's a bit of work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Yes, there is actually. I believe there is a flow where you can basically point to a pcore and it will bring that in as an IP for you. But I have not done this myself yet, so I can't offer too much advice :) Check the doc for info or maybe someone else can help.

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Check out page 49 of UG896 (v2013.1) - Converting Legacy EDK IP to IP Integrator Cores
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

I am also working with custom peripheral in Vivado 2013.1. I used the custom peripheral source files from my Planhead project in IP package and intefaced the IP (simple register) with processing system in Vivado GUI. I am debugging it in Logic analyzer and successful in writes but not the raeds. Anoying thing is processing system do not asserts ARVALID which is zero all the time. 

Need your feedback and possible suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi,

not sure if it's related but check out the register:

LVL_SHFTR_EN   @   0xF8000900

If you boot the PS without configuring the PL automatically and then configure PL through the cable the PS-PL axi bus accesses will hang the processor. You need to write 0xf to the above register to make it work, but if the PL is configured automatically during boot the register is already set by PS.

Marcin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Marcin,

Thanks for your reply. I am not using Windows 7 and reading and writing data via SDK. 

I followed the zedboard exmaple of creating cutom peripheral (simple register)  XPS.

In vivado I used those custome peripheral source file to create an IP using IP Package.

I instatiated that IP in Vivado GUI and connected that with M_AXI_GPO port of processign system block. Valiodated the design, synthesized, implemented and generated the bitstream. I imported the HW to SDk and using mread_reg and mwrite_reg functions to  read and write from custom peripheral IP.

Address of  custom peripheral register id 0x43C00000 (64K).

Writes are successful with proper handshaking between master nad salve in all the three AXI write channels.

But for read master (processing system ) is not asserting the AXI_ARVALID???

I hope now you will be able to understand my peoblem.

I am attaching the Vivado GUI snapshot herewith. 

Vivado GUI setup.png
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Hi,

Please check the following AR:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/56358.htm

Regards,

Highlighted

I've written a walk through for creating custom IP in Vivado here:

Creating a custom IP block in Vivado