cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edwinj_mav

Vivado : Synthesis goes Out of Date when I open Block Design

If a synthesis of a Project is complete and If I open the BD, then the synthesis goes out of date and if I re -run synthesis , the synthesis fails and says missing components. I want to know

1) Why does synthesis go out of date when I just open the BD ?

2) Due to the above I am getting Synthesis issue sin any post runs. The only way everything is successful is if I do fresh check out from my repo, open BD , make necessary changes save it and then run synthesis. If I close and reopen synthesis out of date.

Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
maps-mpls
Mentor
Mentor

I do not know, but try to reset your OOC runs (see your design runs design_1, impl_1, and synth_1...right click each).  Open your BD then Validate and close the BD.  The in the flow navigator go to settings->IP and hit the clear cache.  Then synthesize.  Wait until the output products are generated (the first time at least, just for superstition--probably not necessary).  Then open and close your BD without making any changes. 

If you're still having trouble, I do not know.  I open block diagrams all the time while synthesizing without the behavior you're describing.

*** Destination: Rapid design and development cycles ***
edwinj_mav

Hi maps-mpls,

Generally the other projects that I have which have BD do not have this issue. However 1 project has this issue.

No, its still not working.

hemangd

@edwinj_mav 

Which Vivado version are you using?

Is it possible to share your archived project or a small testcase that can reproduce this issue? 

If yes, I can arrange a secure ftp through which you can share it. 

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos