UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar ronnywebers
Scholar

Vivado - block diagram - add a combinatorial gate

Jump to solution

is there a way to add a simple 'AND' gate (or any other gate) to the Vivado block diagram, for example to and the peripheral_aresetn signal with an AXI_GPIO signal?

I need to manually control the reset of an axis_data_fifo, but I also prefer to have it reset by the 'regular' peripheral_aresetn signal too, so a simple AND gate would suit this need.

** kudo if the answer was helpful. Accept as solution if your question is answered **
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado - block diagram - add a combinatorial gate

Jump to solution

Hi,

You can use Utility Vector Logic IP and configure it for AND gate operation

Capture.JPG

5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

You can use Utility Vector Logic IP and configure it for AND gate operation

Capture.JPG

Scholar ronnywebers
Scholar

Jump to solution

ok thanks - that works fine!

2 remarks though :

* didn't find it because of the strange name I guess

* also : I cannot find it in the IP catalog ... I searched through it, but it doesn't come up if you type a part of the name in the IP catalog search bar. It only appears if you add IP to the block design ...

a logic place for this could be under the category 'Basic Elements' , where you can find registers, counters, ...?

** kudo if the answer was helpful. Accept as solution if your question is answered **
0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

@ronnywebers Utility Vector Logic IP can only be used in IP Integrator.

I think you are using old vivado version thats why you are not able to search the IP. From 2015.1 Vivado you can search the IP as seen in the screenshot you can only add it in IP Integrator

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
forum.JPG
Scholar ronnywebers
Scholar

Jump to solution

I'm using Vivado 2014.4, it's indeed not visible under the BaseIP section - see sreenshot

soon I will upgrade to 2015.1 - thanks for the info!

2014.4.jpg
0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

@ronnywebers Please close this thread as solved by marking it as solution

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos