cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Vivado bug or am I doing something wrong?

I created an IP, which I use in my design and Vivado finds it, but whenever I run synthesis the synthesis fails, with error:  [IP_Flow 19-993] Could not find IP file for IP 'my_IP_0_0'. So I removed that IP and replaced it with the same IP (but I think Vivado thinks I am using both IPs, because I found that if I go to top_design.bxml, there are 2 instances of that IP, and I am only using 1), so if I locate that IP (the one that is causing me problems), and delete it the synthesis goes through and the bitstream generates. So this is ok, but I don't want to do this every time I generate the bitstream. So is this like some bug Vivado has, or am I doing something wrong (is there a way to tell vivado that instance is not in the design anymore)?

Thank you in advance,

Jernej

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

you should clear cache and make a new synth and impl (synth_2, impl_2).

this may help you.

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as an accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Easy way out is create new vivado project and take the correct sources (which are getting synthesis) in it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Vivado tends to mess up sometimes when updating things.

Sometimes it helps to issue a  reset-project  tcl command.

Sometimes not, then I copy the sources and start again while swearing in different languages

I suppose you are adding your IP to a repository and using it from there, aren't you? In that case they should behave like any other IP from logicore

0 Kudos