UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar embedded
Scholar

Vivado changing active implementation runs

Hi,

I have created some different synthesis runs - name synth1,2,3 - and implementation runs - name them impl1,2,3 as well!. When I change an active synth_run I am going to use other implementations for this run that I had created for another synth_run!. Is this possible in Vivado 2014.4? Below picture shows my purpose:

Strategies.jpg

I am going to copy or transfer all three created implementation run strategies for Areasyn to RunSynth wich is currently the active Synth_run

Thanks,

Hossein

0 Kudos
9 Replies

Re: Vivado changing active implementation runs

Hi @embedded

>> When I change an active synth_run I am going to use other implementations for this run that I had created for another synth_run!. Is this possible in Vivado 2014.4?

Well! as far as i know you cannot do this because when you select and make  synth_1 run active, its corresponding impl_1 becomes active automatically. Hence for synth_1 run, you cannot use other implementation run which is created for its corresponding synth_run.

I don't know what is your requirement  but for one  run synth_1, you can have multiple impl_x runs and whichever impl run you require, you can make it active.

As i said i don't know what you are planning to do but still i would suggest you to check if incremental compile could help you with your objective. Refer below link, page 84:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2014_4/ug904-vivado-implementation.pdf

Regards

Rohit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Scholar embedded
Scholar

Hi @balkris,

I searched the document and could not find how I can transfer impl_runs of a Synth_run to another one. This way I want to save time creating sets of impl_runs for every syth_run!.

Hope this would help,

Hossein

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @embedded

Have you tried using copy_run command? Run copy_run -help in vivado tcl console for more details.

The following example will copy synth_1 run into a new synth_2 run:-

% copy_run -name synth_2 [get_runs synth_1]

The following example will copy impl_1 run into a new impl_2 run, and it
will set the copied run's parent run to synth_2:-

% copy_run -name impl_3 [get_runs impl_1] -parent_run synth_2

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
Scholar embedded
Scholar

Hi @vemulad,

Thank you for the answer.

Is this command valid in Vivado2014.4 as well? 

When I want to use it I receive an Error:

invalid command name "copy_run"

I tried this command in tcl console.

Thanks,

Hossein

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @embedded

This command is not present in vivado 2014.4. It is introduced in vivado 2016.1.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
Scholar embedded
Scholar

Unfortunately, I do not have VIVADO2015 or higher. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Scholar embedded
Scholar

Hi @vemulad,

Thank for informing me.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @embedded

Please close the thread by marking the answer if your query is resolved.

Thanks,
Deepika.
Scholar embedded
Scholar

Hi @vemulad,

I couldn't find any solution here. How can I mark any of these comments accepted?!

Thanks,

Hossein

0 Kudos