Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

Vivado changing active implementation runs

Hi,

I have created some different synthesis runs - name synth1,2,3 - and implementation runs - name them impl1,2,3 as well!. When I change an active synth_run I am going to use other implementations for this run that I had created for another synth_run!. Is this possible in Vivado 2014.4? Below picture shows my purpose:

Strategies.jpg

I am going to copy or transfer all three created implementation run strategies for Areasyn to RunSynth wich is currently the active Synth_run

Thanks,

Hossein

Thanks,
Hossein
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @embedded

>> When I change an active synth_run I am going to use other implementations for this run that I had created for another synth_run!. Is this possible in Vivado 2014.4?

Well! as far as i know you cannot do this because when you select and make  synth_1 run active, its corresponding impl_1 becomes active automatically. Hence for synth_1 run, you cannot use other implementation run which is created for its corresponding synth_run.

I don't know what is your requirement  but for one  run synth_1, you can have multiple impl_x runs and whichever impl run you require, you can make it active.

As i said i don't know what you are planning to do but still i would suggest you to check if incremental compile could help you with your objective. Refer below link, page 84:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2014_4/ug904-vivado-implementation.pdf

Regards

Rohit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

Hi @balkris,

I searched the document and could not find how I can transfer impl_runs of a Synth_run to another one. This way I want to save time creating sets of impl_runs for every syth_run!.

Hope this would help,

Hossein

Thanks,
Hossein
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @embedded

Have you tried using copy_run command? Run copy_run -help in vivado tcl console for more details.

The following example will copy synth_1 run into a new synth_2 run:-

% copy_run -name synth_2 [get_runs synth_1]

The following example will copy impl_1 run into a new impl_2 run, and it
will set the copied run's parent run to synth_2:-

% copy_run -name impl_3 [get_runs impl_1] -parent_run synth_2

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

Hi @vemulad,

Thank you for the answer.

Is this command valid in Vivado2014.4 as well? 

When I want to use it I receive an Error:

invalid command name "copy_run"

I tried this command in tcl console.

Thanks,

Hossein

Thanks,
Hossein
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @embedded

This command is not present in vivado 2014.4. It is introduced in vivado 2016.1.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

Unfortunately, I do not have VIVADO2015 or higher. Thanks.

Thanks,
Hossein
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

Hi @vemulad,

Thank for informing me.

Thanks,
Hossein
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @embedded

Please close the thread by marking the answer if your query is resolved.

Thanks,
Deepika.
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

Hi @vemulad,

I couldn't find any solution here. How can I mark any of these comments accepted?!

Thanks,

Hossein

Thanks,
Hossein
0 Kudos