Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Vivado closes without notifications when viewing include file properties

Jump to solution

Vivado terminates with no notifications when I try to view properties of auto-detected verilog include file. All changes are lost.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open attached test project test_include.xpr

2. Wait until the Project Manager update is complete and file types.vh is auto-detected as verilog header file.

3. Select types.vh in project tree.

4. Click "Properties" tab in "Source File Properties" window (see attached screenshot IncludeFileProperties.png).

Vivado terminates.

If you add types.vh to the project, then this error does not occur.

Vivado 2019.2

Windows 10 Pro, build 1803

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @makarenkov ,

Let me know how you have added the "types.vh" header i.e. using GUI or manually you placed it in .srcs>>sources_1>>new(where other .v/.sv files are placed).

I tried adding header files using GUI and in that case, it seems to work at my end but when I manually placed it in the .srcs>>sources_1>>new folder and included in the design in that case vivado terminates. I will file a Change request on this issue.

I will recommend you to add headers using Vivado GUI.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ansari Hunen

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

This post contains missing attachments.

Sorry.

IncludeFileProperties.png
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @makarenkov ,

Let me know how you have added the "types.vh" header i.e. using GUI or manually you placed it in .srcs>>sources_1>>new(where other .v/.sv files are placed).

I tried adding header files using GUI and in that case, it seems to work at my end but when I manually placed it in the .srcs>>sources_1>>new folder and included in the design in that case vivado terminates. I will file a Change request on this issue.

I will recommend you to add headers using Vivado GUI.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ansari Hunen

View solution in original post

0 Kudos