UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Vivado doesn't run anymore URGENT HELP NEEDED

Jump to solution

As already posted in another forum, my Vivado 2018.2 doesn't work anymore since today. Opening an exsisting project leads direct to a crash of Viado (after start it simply closes by itself ).

Creating a new project works until i try to "Create HDL Wrapper". The top level module is inserted as a

"non-module-file" and i got the following messages:

[filemgmt 20-2001] Source scanning failed (launch error) while processing fileset "sources_1" due to unrecoverable syntax error or design hierarchy issues. Recovering last known analysis of the source files.

[filemgmt 20-2001] Source scanning failed (launch error) while processing fileset "sim_1" due to unrecoverable syntax error or design hierarchy issues. Recovering last known analysis of the source files.

I have completely deinstalled Vivado, and install it from scratch, but it is the same.

Can someone please help me

Non-module Files.jpg
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado doesn't run anymore URGENT HELP NEEDED

Jump to solution

Please check out this AR
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/71064.html

It should resolve this issue for you.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Please check out this AR
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/71064.html

It should resolve this issue for you.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

I have uninstalled vivado , removed everything from registry and from C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Xilinx.

Then made a new install, and it worked again.

But thanks for th link.

Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

It is not right what i said, only Vivado works again !!

When i export the Hardware, Vivado misses to export some files (iE include files from my IP) , and the

SDK crashes when changing options in the BSP.

What a problem does this program havee ???

Is it not possible to delete and install it fromn scratch and then it works again ?

What can i do ?

How can i bring my project back to life. I cannot belive it .....

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

So i have one question :

Which folders from a vivado project can i safely delete without destroying my project ?

Name is project_1:

project_1.cache ?

project_1.hw  ?

project_1.runs ?

project_1.sim ?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Please upload the .metadata/.log file from your workspace so we can review it.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Today i can at least open Eclipse again.

In the attachment you will find 2 files

First is log1.rar where i have tried to change some options in the BSP. Result is a crash of Eclipse.

In the second log2.rar i have tried to delete a file out of the project. Result is the same, crash of Eclipse.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Now it's over again, Eclipse doesn't work anymore. Simply saying "Add new C file" leads to a total crash.

No editing possible anymore.

In the picture is the message, and hin the txt file are the details.

What is the problem with this program ?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Please create a new workspace and import your project from the workspace that's giving you issues.  This should allow you to move forward.

We will review what you have given us and report back.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

This doesn't help ! And when i create a new workspace, Vivado doesn't find it anymore !

Yesterday i installed a new Version of JAVA ( 10.0.0.2 ) and everything looks good.

Today i started SDK and the compile errors coming up f_open,f_close and so on not found.

I have to remove xilffs from BSP, compile everything, and add it agian, again compile everything and it works.

Then i want to delete an unneeded file, and that was it -> SDK crashes ( disappears ) and after a new start

the same error ( i think the project is destroyed ).

Eclipse error.jpg
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Sorry to hear you are still having issues.

SDK should only be using the Java that it came with.  The Java version on your machine shouldn't affect Xilinx tools.

Thanks for confirming we're doing w/ a crash and not just an exception. There should be an hs_err_pidXXXX.log created by the crash in the working directory of SDK.

Please upload this file.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Sorry, but i cannot send you such files, for the moment, because they will not be created. I can work for the moment, but

i.E. when  i want to change the DHCP options, SDK crashes  ( disappears ) without message. Below are the last entries in

the logfile. But for the moment i can restart SDK and continue working.....

!ENTRY com.xilinx.sdk.utils 0 0 2018-08-27 09:08:07.987
!MESSAGE XSCT Command: [::hsi::utils::set_comp_param -hw C:/Daten/xilinx/project_lidar1/project_lidar1.sdk/design_1_wrapper_hw_platform_0/system.hdf -sw C:/Daten/xilinx/project_lidar1/project_lidar1.sdk/prj_lidar_bsp/system.mss -parameter dhcp_does_arp_check -value "true"], Thread: main

!ENTRY com.xilinx.sdk.utils 0 0 2018-08-27 09:08:07.993
!MESSAGE XSCT command with result: [::hsi::utils::set_comp_param -hw C:/Daten/xilinx/project_lidar1/project_lidar1.sdk/design_1_wrapper_hw_platform_0/system.hdf -sw C:/Daten/xilinx/project_lidar1/project_lidar1.sdk/prj_lidar_bsp/system.mss -parameter dhcp_does_arp_check -value "true"], Result: [null, true]. Thread: main

!ENTRY com.xilinx.sdk.utils 0 0 2018-08-27 09:08:11.060
!MESSAGE XSCT Command: [::hsi::utils::set_comp_param -hw C:/Daten/xilinx/project_lidar1/project_lidar1.sdk/design_1_wrapper_hw_platform_0/system.hdf -sw C:/Daten/xilinx/project_lidar1/project_lidar1.sdk/prj_lidar_bsp/system.mss -parameter lwip_dhcp -value "true"], Thread: main

!ENTRY com.xilinx.sdk.utils 0 0 2018-08-27 09:08:11.066
!MESSAGE XSCT command with result: [::hsi::utils::set_comp_param -hw C:/Daten/xilinx/project_lidar1/project_lidar1.sdk/design_1_wrapper_hw_platform_0/system.hdf -sw C:/Daten/xilinx/project_lidar1/project_lidar1.sdk/prj_lidar_bsp/system.mss -parameter lwip_dhcp -value "true"], Result: [null, true]. Thread: main

0 Kudos
Observer urjitmodhia
Observer

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue even I tried re-installing vivado but not works and the link is also not working.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor viggy
Visitor

Jump to solution

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/71064.html isn't available anymore. Was there a resolution to this? I cannot run Vivado 2018.1 or 2018.3 anymore. No log output, no nothing. Just a message box that says "launcher timed out".

I can't even get the Tcl shell to run (the shortcut opens a command window, with a standard Windows command prompt!).

Viggy

0 Kudos