UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Voyager
Voyager

Vivado implementation always out dated when reopen.

Jump to solution

I have a project automatic upgraded from lower version, the compilation status won't keep. Every time I reopen the project, status is out-of-date.

Same source, if I recreate the project from .tcl, issue goes away.

I had tried compare write project .tcl script in both projects. The major difference seems to be the variable of

orig_proj_dir

In the project won't keep status the variable is long, recreated project this variable is short.

Just curious, if there is a magic switch to correct the problematic project.

Thanks,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado implementation always out dated when reopen.

Jump to solution

Hi @legendbb ,

Firstly, Have you saved your project in the vivado latest version you migrated to or using the same project as read only?

If yes then try to save the project then run synthesis & implementation in vivado latest version you migrated to. Now if you close then it will start from the same state.

If that doesn't worked the you can force the processes to up to date as a work around:

Open the project in vivado. In the upper right-hand corner, click on "more info" and then "Force up-to-date". This step will prevent the tools from re-synthesizing and re-implementing the design.

Thanks,

Raj

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado implementation always out dated when reopen.

Jump to solution

Hi @legendbb ,

Firstly, Have you saved your project in the vivado latest version you migrated to or using the same project as read only?

If yes then try to save the project then run synthesis & implementation in vivado latest version you migrated to. Now if you close then it will start from the same state.

If that doesn't worked the you can force the processes to up to date as a work around:

Open the project in vivado. In the upper right-hand corner, click on "more info" and then "Force up-to-date". This step will prevent the tools from re-synthesizing and re-implementing the design.

Thanks,

Raj

View solution in original post

0 Kudos