UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor michaelellis
Visitor

Vivado modifies locked core container files

I have a design that has been migrated across several revisions of Vivado and is currently under Vivado 2019.1.  The design incudes several IP blocks packaged into core container (.xcix) files.  I do not wish to update a couple of these cores to 2019.1 and have left these in the "locked" state.  Even though they are locked, Vivado appears to modify these files every time I open the project.  This is particularly annoying since I use git for version control and these large files are continually being touched by the toolset even though nothing has really changed.  Is there a way to force Vivado to leave these files alone?

Regards,

Michael

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Re: Vivado modifies locked core container files

Sorry, thats a long standing wish,

Vivado has zero concept of how to work with source control in GUI mode.

Now in TCL, then , hay you would not use the locked / zipped IP, and all is possible,

but I prefer GUI for this sort of work I'm doing, and its a rela pain Vivado stamping every where....

0 Kudos