UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Vivado ngc2edif.exe error

Hi,

I installed Vivado 2014.1 in a new computer (Windows 7) and when I launch a synthesis or an implentation I have a ngc2edif conversion failed and generated some errors or some critical warnings.

For synthesis, I have some critical warnings which say the ngc2edif converse failed but the synthesis work. However, when I open the synthesis design, the ngc2edif.exe executabe fail.

For implementation, I have some errors because of ngc2edif conversion failed.

How can I fix this problem ?

Thanks

Jo

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Re: Vivado ngc2edif.exe error

Hi,

Can you attach vivado.log here?
-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi,

Where I can find this file ?

Jo

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

In Vivado goto File--> Open log file to open vivado.log file.

Check if this article helps http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/62251.html

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

With my message I attached vivado log file, synthesis log file and implentation log file of my projet.

I already synthetised and implemented this project but with an order computer and I suppose it don't work with this new computer because of ngc2edif executable.

Jo

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Have you referred to the planAhead.ngc2edif.log  file as mentioned in the error message?

If you dont find this file then try running ngc2edif utility on the problematic ngc files standalone to identify the problem. The ngc2edif executable is installed with ISE DS and is found under the /Vivado/<version>\ids_lite\ISE\bin\<os>.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

[EDIF 20-94] Could not read core file for 'xillybus_lite' defined in file 'xillydemo.edf' because ngc2edif command failed; please check the planAhead.ngc2edif.log file.

Have you added the netlist for xillybus_lite module to the Vivado project?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

I don't find the planAhead.ngc2edif.log  file and when I launch ngc2edif executalbe I have a pop-up window which say that ngc2edif.exe stop run and Windows are searching a solution.

Thanks

Jo

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

I executed a .tcl file for made my project so I think the netlist was added. How can I verify ?

Jo

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Go to sources window and see if you see this file.

If you already see it, then please see if the edif file was somehow corrupted and hence the process is unable to read it.

Regards

Sikta

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

I searched in all my computer, the planAhead.ngc2edif.log not exist.

I tried to run this command in a prompt command :

ngc2edif.exe xillybus_lite.ngc xillybus_lite.edf

and I have a pop-up windows who say that the application have stoped to run.

Jo

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

I have the same problem with ISE. ISE don't want run, nothing happen and with XPS I have the same that ngc2edif, when I launch it I have a pop-up window which say that ngc2edif have stoped to run ands that Windows are searching a solution.

Jo

0 Kudos
Observer nishantangadi
Observer

Hi all,

when i try to synthesis and implement my design, following errors are been popped-up. 

• [EDIF 20-94] Could not read core file for 'xgmac_top' defined in file 'NOFILE' because Can't find ngc2edif executable.

and 

• [Project 1-486] Could not resolve non-primitive black box cell 'i2c_top' instantiated as 'eth_refdesign/multi_i2c_wrapper/i2c_blocks[0].i2c_top' .

these are the two types of critical warning, i am receiving.  what might be the problem? 

i am using Vivado 2015.1 version.

0 Kudos