cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

Vivado text editor feature request : add checkbox to limit 'replace in files' scope to the current file under edit

Jump to solution

Using Vivado 2018.3, not sure about the status in the latest version.

When editing hdl or xdc files, it's anoying that there is no checkbox to limit the scope to the current / active document ...

I would even make that the default selection when the 'replace in files dialog' opens.

Screenshot 2020-03-17 at 10.25.20.png

** kudo if the answer was helpful. Accept as solution if your question is answered **
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @ronnywebers,

Since you want to find/replace in the current file then do CTRL+R in the current/active file and then find/replace dialog will popup, It will find/replace text only in the current file.

As you will do CTRL+R then this popup will appear as shown in the snapshot below.

find_replace.JPG

Regards,

Ansari Hunen

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @ronnywebers,

Since you want to find/replace in the current file then do CTRL+R in the current/active file and then find/replace dialog will popup, It will find/replace text only in the current file.

As you will do CTRL+R then this popup will appear as shown in the snapshot below.

find_replace.JPG

Regards,

Ansari Hunen

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

thanks @ansarimo , I wasn't aware of that function - it's also in the right-click menu. I was looking only in the edit menu ...

** kudo if the answer was helpful. Accept as solution if your question is answered **
0 Kudos