cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

WARNING: [Board 49-26] cannot add Board Part xilinx.com:au200:part0:1.2...

Hi All,

I've been getting odd behavior from the MIG IP customization dialogs, and I noticed that warning messages appear when I invoke the MIG. These are of the form:
WARNING: [Board 49-26] cannot add Board Part xilinx.com:au200:part0:1.2 available at C:/Users/Tom/AppData/Roaming/Xilinx/Vivado/2019.1/xhub/board_store/XilinxBoardStore/Vivado/2019.1/boards/Xilinx/au200/1.2/1.2/board.xml as part xcu200-fsgd2104-2-e specified in board_part file is either invalid or not available

Also not found are au280:part0:1.0, au50dd:part0:1.0, vcu118:part0:2.0, vcu128_es:part0:1.0, vcu129_es:part0:1.0

I have Vivado HL Design Edition 2019.1 with a license key, on Windows 7. All SoCs and 7 Series Production Devices are installed, but no Ultrascale, Ultrascale+ or engineering sample devices.

Can someone please tell me how I can add these parts?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

@tgschneider 

Can you install Ultrascale and ultrascale+ devices and see if these parts are visible? After installing from TCL console, you can use the command to see if the parts are available: 

get_board_parts *au200*

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @tgschneider ,

You can add devices in your current installation by using following method:-

1) Open Xilinx information center in your system (search for xic in your search panel).

2) In xic click on "Manage installs"

3) Select "Add Tools/Devices" 

From there you will be directed to Installation dialogue box where you can select US, US+, and ES devices, which will be installed separately.

~Chinmay 

Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thanks for the advice. Once I added those devices plus the Engineering Sample devices (all necessary) I got no more missing part warnings. I also found that I shouldn't run block automation on the MIG block, at least not before running the MIG customization, because that also results in missing part warnings.

MIG is now behaving as expected by populating banks of pins automatically and not crashing, so my lesson from this is to always install *all* devices.

Thanks, Tom

0 Kudos