UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer richterfhg
Observer

XTCLSH: build from generated tcl script fails if IP cores in project

When I try to build a project including IP cores (in my case FIFOs) with the automatic generated TCL script, the build fails due to wrong top module. All files are added and compiled, but the XST is called with the wrong .xst and input/output files. The "project set top" is correct in the script, but xst is called only with one of the FIFO .xst/-ifn/-ofn.

Projects without IP cores are built correctly using "xtclsh project.tcl rebuild_project" Where is the problem? How can I build such projects from the tcl shell using the ISE generated script?

Edit: I´m using ISE 13.2 with Windows 7 x64

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: XTCLSH: build from generated tcl script fails if IP cores in project

Thanks for reporting this.

It is kind of weird but the problem seems to be due to the following default project setting being reset.

project set "Working Directory" "."

If you comment out this line, it should work for projects with IP cores included.

0 Kudos
Observer richterfhg
Observer

Re: XTCLSH: build from generated tcl script fails if IP cores in project

OK, thanks for the answer. I will try this at the next project. For now, teamcity controls the design flow via the command line invoking of the xilinx tools. This works also.

0 Kudos