Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsduran4xilinx
Observer
Observer

Xilinx SDK through Vivado has no menu bar

Jump to solution
Hello. I am using Vivado v2016.2 (64-bit) on Ubuntu 14.04. When I launch SDK a window comes up that does not have a top menu bar. It has a ribbon with icons to do this and that, but no top menu bar. To illustrate, attached is a screen capture of how the SDK window looks for me, followed by a screen capture of what it looks like in a youtube video. My question is: is the way it looks for me the way it is supposed to, or is there something wrong with my installation? If the way it looks for me is not the way it is supposed to look, what steps should I take? Many thanks.
XilinxSDK_Mine.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jsduran4xilinx
Observer
Observer

Never mind.  After a google search finally somebody pointed out that in Ubuntu the SDK top menus appear at the top of the screen.  And when I say "appear" I mean that they do not show up unless you actually put the mouse at the top of the screen.  

Other programs put their top menus in Ubuntu at the top of the screen.  BUT, with those other programs the menu shows whenever the program window is active -- it is not required to put the mouse at the top of the screen for the menu to show up.  Xilinx may want to make it the same for SDK.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jsduran4xilinx
Observer
Observer

Hello.  Here is the second attachment.

XilinxSDK_youtube.png
0 Kudos
jsduran4xilinx
Observer
Observer

Never mind.  After a google search finally somebody pointed out that in Ubuntu the SDK top menus appear at the top of the screen.  And when I say "appear" I mean that they do not show up unless you actually put the mouse at the top of the screen.  

Other programs put their top menus in Ubuntu at the top of the screen.  BUT, with those other programs the menu shows whenever the program window is active -- it is not required to put the mouse at the top of the screen for the menu to show up.  Xilinx may want to make it the same for SDK.

Thanks.

View solution in original post