cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

.Xilinx folder in $HOME - Change location

Jump to solution

I see a folder .Xilinx created in the unix $HOME and attempts to write to it during Vivado compilation. Can we change put this folder somewhere else? My company nightly regression user has a $HOME that cannot be written to. 

Thanks,
-Eduardo

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

We manage to work-around it by creating empty directories in .Xilinx. Only directory existence seems be required in our case.

ll Common/2020.1/
total 0

ll Vivado/2020.1/*
Vivado/2020.1/commands:
total 0

Vivado/2020.1/reportstrategies:
total 0

Vivado/2020.1/strategies:
total 0

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Firstly, this seems to me like an environment setup issue, not a Vivado issue. It is quite strange to have a setup that allows no write access to a user's $HOME location, for that user.

Secondly, for clarification, $HOME was not specifically specified during during the installation process, and also the current project isn't being saved to a folder within $HOME, correct?

Lastly, have you tried (or asked your sys admin to try) pointing $HOME to a location that does have write access?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

We manage to work-around it by creating empty directories in .Xilinx. Only directory existence seems be required in our case.

ll Common/2020.1/
total 0

ll Vivado/2020.1/*
Vivado/2020.1/commands:
total 0

Vivado/2020.1/reportstrategies:
total 0

Vivado/2020.1/strategies:
total 0

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Very good. Please feel free to mark answer as an accepted solution if it addresses your issue.

0 Kudos