cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Zynq 7010: The physical port 'S_AXI_GP3_wr_socket' specified in the portmap, is not found on the block!

Hello, 

Anytime I place a ZYNQ7 Proccessing System IP Block into a block design I am met with the following warnings: 

WARNING: [BD 41-176] The physical port 'S_AXI_GP2_rd_socket' specified in the portmap, is not found on the block!
WARNING: [BD 41-176] The physical port 'S_AXI_GP2_wr_socket' specified in the portmap, is not found on the block!
WARNING: [BD 41-176] The physical port 'S_AXI_GP3_rd_socket' specified in the portmap, is not found on the block!
WARNING: [BD 41-176] The physical port 'S_AXI_GP3_wr_socket' specified in the portmap, is not found on the block!

Is this a cause for concern? Do I need to update my IP catalog somehow? I am using Vivado 2019.2 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi sam.lcompton@gmail.com ,

Can you reset output products and regenerate them and see if it resolves this issue?

It is recommended to reset output products if you modify anything in your block design. We have seen some issues in which reset output products helps to resolve the issues.

Thanks & Regards
Anil B
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello all,

I am experiencing the same issue.

Setup:

• Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS
  • Vivado 2020.1
  • Zedboard

I am creating a RTL project for Zerdboard, without any HDL source but with one constraint file.
Then I create the block design and when I instantiate the Zynq7_Processing_System IPCore, then Vivado instantiates it but it generates also the following WARNING messages:

# create_bd_cell -type ip -vlnv xilinx.com:ip:processing_system7:5.5 processing_system7_0
WARNING: [BD 41-176] The physical port 'S_AXI_GP2_rd_socket' specified in the portmap, is not found on the block!
WARNING: [BD 41-176] The physical port 'S_AXI_GP2_wr_socket' specified in the portmap, is not found on the block!
WARNING: [BD 41-176] The physical port 'S_AXI_GP3_rd_socket' specified in the portmap, is not found on the block!
WARNING: [BD 41-176] The physical port 'S_AXI_GP3_wr_socket' specified in the portmap, is not found on the block!

With Vivado 2019.1 that is not happening (no warnings related to the PS7 instantiation)

Could you please explain why?

Thank you,
Best regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@andrea.foradori 

I was able to reproduce the issue and reported it to the factory. The warning is not reported in 2019.1 but present in 2020.1.

I will get back to you once I get an update. 

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hello,  are there any updates on this?  Has it been resolved?  can it be ignored?  Thank you.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@dianafl1 

After block design connections clear the message in the message window by click on Recycle button as shown below. This will clear the warning messages.

BD.png

Validate the block design and check if the same warning is still reported. 

--Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
0 Kudos