UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar muravin
Scholar

adding a UTC timestamp into the canvas or RTL

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I want to add a results of TCL command 'clock seconds' into a register in one of the IPs.

Ideally we did this through some .vh file however, when the output products are generated, the IP is copied into /ipshared/ folder and as such, the path to that .vh file is no longer valid. I also tried adding it to the main project and this is not good either.

I can think of a way to just connect the interface port to this value through xlconstant, i.e. see below

startgroup
create_bd_cell -type ip -vlnv xilinx.com:ip:xlconstant:1.1 xlconstant_0
endgroup

Then I can perhaps do something like this:

startgroup

set_property -dict [list CONFIG.CONST_WIDTH {32} CONFIG.CONST_VAL {[clock seconds]}] [get_bd_cells xlconstant_0]
endgroup

Would this work? Is there a better way to get this?

Thanks

Vlad

Vladislav Muravin
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar muravin
Scholar

Re: adding a UTC timestamp into the canvas or RTL

Jump to solution

Ah... Thanks Randy, it worked.

Cheers Vlad

Vivado% create_timestamp
Wrote  : </home/IGNIS/vmuravin/projects/orchestra/vivado/eclipse/eclipse1/eclipse1/eclipse1.srcs/sources_1/bd/system/system.bd>
Vivado%

Vladislav Muravin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Scholar muravin
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi Xilinx,

This does not work! I added the following proc to our main project management TCL file, and I get an error, see it after the proc. If I use set t [clock seconds] and replace it with $t, I get the same error.

How can we pass string in a form of a variable to the main BD??? I thought this is a TCLized business A-Z.

Thanks Vlad

proc create_timestamp {args} {
    set mainprj::utc [clock seconds]
    open_bd_design [current_project]/[current_project].srcs/sources_1/bd/system/system.bd
    set_property -dict [list CONFIG.CONST_VAL {[clock seconds]}] [get_bd_cells xlconstant_timestamp]
    save_bd_design
    close_bd_design [get_bd_designs system]
}

ERROR: [IP_Flow 19-3452] Invalid long/float value '[clock seconds]' specified for parameter 'Const Val(CONST_VAL)' for BD Cell '/xlconstant_timestamp'.
INFO: [IP_Flow 19-3438] Customization errors found on '/xlconstant_timestamp'. Restoring to previous valid configuration.
ERROR: [BD 41-245] set_property error - Invalid long/float value '[clock seconds]' specified for parameter 'Const Val(CONST_VAL)' for BD Cell '/xlconstant_timestamp'.
Customization errors found on '/xlconstant_timestamp'. Restoring to previous valid configuration.

Vladislav Muravin
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Try the following:

set_property -dict [list CONFIG.CONST_VAL [clock seconds]] [get_bd_cells xlconstant_timestamp]

I think the {} prevents the evaluation of [clock seconds]

Regards,
Randy

Scholar muravin
Scholar

Jump to solution

Ah... Thanks Randy, it worked.

Cheers Vlad

Vivado% create_timestamp
Wrote  : </home/IGNIS/vmuravin/projects/orchestra/vivado/eclipse/eclipse1/eclipse1/eclipse1.srcs/sources_1/bd/system/system.bd>
Vivado%

Vladislav Muravin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos