UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Voyager
Voyager

auto wrapper generation?

is there a tool or something that can auto generate a wrapper to reduce the IO for sythesis?  i have some IP that has alot IO, but i want to test it on FPGA before attached those IO to other ips.  usually i manually create a wrapper, mux the IO to reduce it so its sythesiszble.  but i like to know if there is tool or ways using python/c++ to auto create a vhdl/verilog wrapper just to reduce the IO.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: auto wrapper generation?

@s002wjhw 

Check the following AR where you can set the unused IO as a virtual IO. 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/58609.html

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Teacher drjohnsmith
Teacher

A technique we use is to make a wrapper of the module, and connect virtual IO modules from the IP store.

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

the issue is some ip i'm testing has thousands IO, which wont fit the FPGA i'm using.  These IP will eventually be tie to other IPs, but for now i like to get it synthesis/P&R.  So i create a wrapper to reduce those IO in order to fit the FPGA, but if there is some tcl script or other method that can do it without manually crating a wrapper, that'll be great.

I guess ill try the virtual io see if it works.

0 Kudos
Teacher drjohnsmith
Teacher

Experiance has shown that Xilinx belive TCL can do anything,

but I dont know of any off the shelf script to do what you want,

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Teacher drjohnsmith
Teacher

Ive just remembered, if you rusing the proper language ( VHDL of course )

then

https://www.doulos.com/knowhow/perl/testbench_creation/

have  a perl script on line to create a test bench, this might be a usefull start ?

Lot sof ifs there, but it might be of use.

0 Kudos