UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

axi bram mapping into ps7 data

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'd like to have a design with the PS and several microblazes accessing a shared BRAM block. So, I've an AXI interconnect to each processor through the S_AXI interfaces, and to the BRAM ctrl through the M_AXI. The problems is that I can't assign the address for the PS. When I click on Auto Assign Address on Address Editor, I get an error :

ERROR: [BD 41-1226] <0x02000000[ 4K ]> is not within the addressable range <0x40000000[ 1G ]> of </shared_memory_128Kb/axi_bram_ctrl_0/S_AXI/Mem0>
ERROR: [BD 5-48] Error: running assign_bd_address.
ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'assign_bd_address' failed due to earlier errors.

I've set the start address (0x40000000) of the BRAM by modifying it on the microblazes' ranges.

I've already done this and it worked. I don't know why it is not now.

Any idea?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: axi bram mapping into ps7 data

Jump to solution

Finally I solved the problem by using the TCL command for creating a segment (create_bd_addr_seg). Hoping it works on the board later...

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
..I've realized that there is no error if only the microblazes are connected to the AXI bus. When the PS is added the error occurs. Also, when I set the bram size to 128Kb (instead of 256Kb as I'd like) it works.
Then, I wonder why it doesn't work if PS connected to 256Kb?
0 Kudos
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

Jump to solution
Are you getting this error in 2014.1 version?
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Yes, I'm using Vivado 2014.1. Do you think this error comes from the tool and not from my design?

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
In fact, the Address Editor doesn't work in more than the above case...Is there a way to do the address mapping with TCL?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Finally I solved the problem by using the TCL command for creating a segment (create_bd_addr_seg). Hoping it works on the board later...

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos