UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor imbilal_1998
Visitor

boost::filesystem::remove: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: "C:/.../ss9632.283465090.log"

Jump to solution

Hi There!

While I was working in vivado.2016.2, I was faced with the following frequent error:

boost::filesystem::remove: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: "C:/Users/PC/AppData/Roaming/Xilinx/Vivado/.Xil/Vivado-9632- DESKTOP-3PH23BS/ss9632.2834650906976.log" 

This highly frequent error pops in a new window, only when I edit a custom IP. Here is what I did:

1. In the main block_design, click on any custom ip and select "Edit in IP Packager".
  2. A new project will open,  where I do all the changings in my code. And the moment I save the changes, the above mentioned error pops up in a new window.
  3. After I close that error, it just keeps comming after 10-15 seconds. 
  4. When I am done editing the IP and have Re- packaged the custom IP. The new project is closed and I am back to the main vivado Project. 
  5. So When I am in the main project, ths error just keeps comming (popping) after every 10-15 seconds. 

Meanwhile, I haven't opend any new instance of the same project, nor the file is begin used by any other program that I know of. Its just a single vivado project where my block_design exist and the new project that was created by the "Edit IP Packager", which I close.

One more thing, It happens all the time. No matter whcih project it is.

Which brings me to ask that: Am I doing the IP Editing right? OR Why is this error not going away once the editing is done? And why is it coming at all?

Thanks,

Bilal...

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: boost::filesystem::remove: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: "C:/.../ss9632.283465090.log"

Jump to solution

Hi @imbilal_1998 

Try closing down vivado, run task manager and kill any app associated with Vivado.

This worked in this forum

Cheers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: boost::filesystem::remove: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: "C:/.../ss9632.283465090.log"

Jump to solution

Hi @imbilal_1998 

Try closing down vivado, run task manager and kill any app associated with Vivado.

This worked in this forum

Cheers
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Visitor imbilal_1998
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks for quick reply.

Yes! the only way that this error goes away is when I kill the vivado process. It's a tedious solution because each time I edit any IP, I have to close the project and then run again (which makes it like 100 times a day). But it is not a proper solution? 

I meant to ask, why is this error comming at all? And Is there any command (tcl) to properly close this error? Or may be something like hide future errors like these?

And in a way, the aforementioned error makes sense. Because the IP that is being edited is also being used in the main project. So when I save the changes in the IP, the error pop us, saying that this file is being used by another process (I guess: that would be the main block design).

That's why: I some time doubt that, is it the proper way to edit an IP? i.e. click on 'Edit in IP Packager' and then edit, save, re-package, Upgrade IP, Generate Output Products.

Thanks

Bilal

0 Kudos