UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant deritha-06
Participant

change fifo depth problem

Jump to solution

I could compile the fpga software successfully before I modify the depth of fifo in fifo generator

The orignal depth is 65536, I tried to change it to 4 times of this value.

The design is schematic-based design. I use the command "push into symbol" to arrive IP Symbol and change the depth of fifo on page 2 of the 6 pages of Fifo generator, then click the button "Generate".

After I did it in this way, I can't recompile the software successfully any more. The error messages always output:

ERROR:DesignEntry:30 - Instance "XLXI_1155" referencing symbol "tlk_fifo" is out
   of date.
ERROR:DesignEntry:30 - Instance "XLXI_1460" referencing symbol "tlk_fifo" is out
   of date.

Process "Schematic Design Rule Check" failed

Anything I missed?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Contributor

Re: change fifo depth problem

Jump to solution

This error occurs if the time stamp on an instantiated symbol is newer than th etime stamp of the schematic file, or if the symbol time stamp is newer than the symbol time stamp at the time it was placed on teh schematic.

To update the symbol, open the referenced schematic.  An "Open Schematic Files Error" box i s displayed with all outdated symbols shown in the "Out-of-Date Symbols" windown on the right.  Make sure the desired symbol or symbols are highlighted and select the "Update Instances" button.  Save the schematic and then re-run the origonal process that caused the error.

There is also an option to "Update All Schematic Files" so that opening each schematic is not required.  To use this option:

1. Select the device in the "Sources in Project" window.

2. In the "Processes" window under "Design Entry Utilities", double-click "Update All Schematic Files".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

This error occurs if the time stamp on an instantiated symbol is newer than th etime stamp of the schematic file, or if the symbol time stamp is newer than the symbol time stamp at the time it was placed on teh schematic.

To update the symbol, open the referenced schematic.  An "Open Schematic Files Error" box i s displayed with all outdated symbols shown in the "Out-of-Date Symbols" windown on the right.  Make sure the desired symbol or symbols are highlighted and select the "Update Instances" button.  Save the schematic and then re-run the origonal process that caused the error.

There is also an option to "Update All Schematic Files" so that opening each schematic is not required.  To use this option:

1. Select the device in the "Sources in Project" window.

2. In the "Processes" window under "Design Entry Utilities", double-click "Update All Schematic Files".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Participant deritha-06
Participant

Jump to solution

Get it. Thanks

0 Kudos