UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

clock wizard v5.1 deliver verilog only?

I have a vhdl-only version of modelsim-SE as we have only done vhdl designs so far. I discover that the output of clock wizard in vivado 2015.3 and 2015.4 is verilog only. I can work around this by using vivado 2015.2 using an older clock wizard to generate IP, but I wonder if it is a general path Xilinx is following in the future to not generate vhdl code for vhdl designs.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: clock wizard v5.1 deliver verilog only?

@svenn,

Clocking Wizard v5.1 does have both verilog and VHDL files. However from V5.2, the VHDL support for example design and simulation files has been removed.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/clk_wiz/v5_1/pg065-clk-wiz.pdf

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/clk_wiz/v5_2/pg065-clk-wiz.pdf

In V5.2 has both verilog and VHDL instantiation template.

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Re: clock wizard v5.1 deliver verilog only?

You are right, I was too fast typing version numbers, it should have been 5.2 in my subject title. It is also the only version available in vivado 2015.4 install.

Xilinx care to elaborate on the move towards verilog only?

0 Kudos