UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor irshs
Visitor

clocking wizzard throws error while instantiating in IPI

Dear community,

I am using the ZedBoard without the PS side. My Goal is to create a 50MHz clock for my logic. So I use the 100MHz PL clock (the ZedBoard provides a 100MHz clock at Zynq pin Y9).

To get the 50MHz I am trying to use a MMCM which I would like to create with the clocking wizard. Therefore I do the following steps in Vivado 14.4:

1. creating new rtl project without any design files and choosing the zedboard
  2. create block design
  3. add ip --> clocking wizard

Then the following error occurs without instantiating the clock wizard (list of tcl commands):

create_project clocking_wizard_test C:/Users/abcd/VHDL_Code/Vivado_Testground/clocking_wizard_test -part xc7z020clg484-1
INFO: [IP_Flow 19-234] Refreshing IP repositories
INFO: [IP_Flow 19-1704] No user IP repositories specified
INFO: [IP_Flow 19-2313] Loaded Vivado IP repository 'C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2014.4/data/ip'.
set_property board_part em.avnet.com:zed:part0:1.2 [current_project]
set_property target_language VHDL [current_project]
create_bd_design "design_1"
Wrote  : <C:/Users/abcd/VHDL_Code/Vivado_Testground/clocking_wizard_test/clocking_wizard_test.srcs/sources_1/bd/design_1/design_1.bd>
startgroup
create_bd_cell -type ip -vlnv xilinx.com:ip:clk_wiz:5.1 clk_wiz_0
ERROR: [#UNDEF] conversion to double from string is failed
unexpected "," outside function argument list
in expression "1000 / 10,000"
ERROR: [IP_Flow 19-3188] Error occurred while initializing 'clk_wiz_0'
Tcl error in update procedure while setting value 'MMCM' on the parameter 'PRIMITIVE'. unexpected "," outside function argument list

CRITICAL WARNING: [IP_Flow 19-973] Failed to create IP instance 'design_1_clk_wiz_0_0'. Error during customization.
ERROR: [#UNDEF] Error occurred while initializing 'clk_wiz_0'
Tcl error in update procedure while setting value 'MMCM' on the parameter 'PRIMITIVE'. unexpected "," outside function argument list

ERROR: [BD 5-7] Error: running create_bd_cell.
ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'create_bd_cell' failed due to earlier errors.
endgroup

How can I fix it?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Re: clocking wizzard throws error while instantiating in IPI

Hi @irshs,

check this thread

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Entry/Connection-Automation-failed-with-a-simple-MicroBlaze-design/td-p/539137

Can you try to use IP in native mode?

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor irshs
Visitor

you mean setting the system langage to US English?

0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

give a try, which language did you set currently?
-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Visitor irshs
Visitor

Its currenty set to German.

What they described in the answer record AR#51331 is that they somehow managed it to set the language locally just for Vivado. But it seems that they used Linux and they modified their startup script. How can I start Vivado with those parameters with win7?

I can try to work arround this issue with setting the system language global to english. But this won´t be a good solution for me to change it everytime I want to start Vivado. Anyway I try it and give you feedback.

0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

hi @irshs,

Check this, might help you

http://superuser.com/questions/384775/can-i-start-particular-program-with-different-language-settings-in-windows

-Pratham

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor irshs
Visitor

Thanks first of all for your replies.

Allright, now I got some results. Or in different words: I can reproduce a strange behavior regarding the clocking wizard:

1. Leave the system language (win7) set to German and changing just the decimal separator (,) with (.) it does not work.
  2. When I got the error message (see initial thread) than I can work around with closing Vivado and reopen it. If I try to instantiate the MMCM with the clocking wizard after reloading Vivado then it works (without error or warning messages). I even can gernerate a bitstream. But everytime I open a synthesized or implemented design I get the above mentioned errors. If I delete the clocking wizard at the IPI and try to add a "new" one then Vivado refuses it again (at least until I close Vivado and reopen it again). With this method I would say it works almost ;-)
  3. set the system language (win7) globally to US English it works. At least I wasn´t able to reproduce this error.

Is this issue planned to be fixed in the next version of Vivado?

Regards!

0 Kudos
Observer marode
Observer

I can reproduce this issue in Windows 8, Vivado 2014.4 with a specific setting:

System language English, date time and number format setting German, the decimal symbol set to . and the digit group to , (like in English) does not work.

Resetting the format customization to German works.

0 Kudos